Neepawa United Church
May 12, 2015
Present: Donna Newton, Kristin Wood,Bob Durston, Bev Finlayson, Brian
Elgert, Brian Bailey, Linda Giannotti, and Bev Davie
Regrets: Eleanor Nicholson, Judy Elgert, & Susan Phillips, Ruth Hanke, Bert Lowry, Ella Jarvis & Maurice Kaye
1: Call to order - Brian Elgert chaired the meeting and opened at 7:00pm.
2: Kristin Wood gave opening meditation
3: Adoption of the agenda moved by Bob Durston , seconded by Donna Newton. Carried
4: Adoption of the minutes, moved by Bob Durston, seconded by Brian Bailey.
5: Correspondence – Note from Presbytery to host meeting for 60 people on April 22-23, 2016.
6: Committee Reports:
A) Larger Parish – Ministry& personnel met with regards to Amber’s resignation. Kristin will take calls for office Monday & Friday for funeral arrangements. Office hours will be Tuesday- Thursday 9:30-1, 1-3:30
B) Pastoral Care – No report
C) Mission& Service – No report
D) Ministry &Personnel - Pastoral Charge secretary treasurer job description & position specifications were reviewedand presented to larger Parish on April 27,2015. Larger parish board approved the changes and expenses for advertising the position.
- Pastoral Charge secretary/treasurer position advertised in community & area. Deadlines for applications May 13,2015.
- Process for reviewing applications, short listings & interviewing will be determined but desire is for person hired to spend may 25-29 with Amber for training.
- Celebration recognizing Amber’s years of service is planned for May 21st 2-4pm. It is being organized as an informal come and go gathering.
- Approximate costs for celebration are advertising - $30 (ad Neepawa banner) refreshments $150 & Gift $150
- Exit interview will be conducted with Amber
- Meeting date to be set with Kristin to discuss her vacation and study leave plan. This meeting is requested prior to next pastoral charge meeting May 26th – submitted by Lynda
E) Treasurer – Bob Durston – Treasurers report to April 30 Income - $47,948.95
Expenses- $55,085.05 Deficit -$ 7,136.10
Moved by Bob Durston and seconded by Donna Newton that the treasurer’s report be approved as presented. Carried
F) Property - no report
G) Finance – no report
H) UCW – Bev Finlayson submitted report– 3 funeral lunches
Donna, Ella & Bev F. attended N Agassiz Presbytery Meeting, plans for Oct 8 N Agassiz rally in Plumas were main item.
Soup & sandwich luncheon & bake sale May 7th realized profit of $2010.00
Our UCW donation of $7,000.00 to church board was moved.
Shower for Kristin is in the works for June 3, 2pm CEC. All are invited.
I) Ministerial – Kristin Wood gave report
J) Trustees – no report
K) Worship Committee– Kristin reported May 24thSunday school doing service, picnic after. Fathers
Day service will have Tim Bits. June 21st is Grad service.
L) Presbytery – No report
M)Special Reports – mens breakfast – small group, down in numbers, Youth group are to be invited
to Ambers tea. Camp trip set for end of June. Sunday school numbers are up.
7 . Time sensitive matters – Admission of members at Large
Portrait of Jesus donated by Arden – Donna & Brian will find place to
Hang portrait. Was consensus of the board that Arden can put a plaque on portrait.
8. New Business:
Talk about time & talent auction & HIMS talking about fund raiser
9. Moment of Levity read by Kristin
10. Next meeting June 16 @ 7:00
11. Kristin gave closing prayer
13. Brian Elgert adjourned the meeting at 9:30 pm.
#1 Moved by Donna Newton that the Neepawa United Church agree to host the Presbytery meeting April 22-23,2016. Seconded by Bev Finlayson. Carried
#2 Moved by Brian Bailey that we purchase a piece of stained glass up to value $200 as a departure gift for Amber Zalluski. Seconded by Lynda Giannotti. Carried